Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

16:56
Iron Daughter is the second book in the Iron Fey series, This is a young adult fantasy series that is set in the real ( mortal ) world and the world of the Fey called Nevernever.
You can check out the review for the first book in the series here:

Iron King  by Julie Kagawa

THE IRON DAUGHTER 

 


Goodreads description : Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.





MY THOUGHTS (few spoilers ahead):

 I have to say I really enjoyed the book. I would probably give it 4.5 out of 5 stars because I had a few problems with our main character. But since you can´t really give the 0.5 on goodreads I will keep the rating that I´ve posted there.
I loved the storyline and the dynamic between all of the characters.
The world that Julie has made surprises me the most. It is absolutely brilliantly written and it always seems to amaze me. I love her writing style. She is the sort of author that can really make you, the reader,become a part of her story.

Now I said I had a few problems with the main character, Meghan. It´s just that I wanted more from her in the second book. I get that she was getting used to the Fey world in the first book, but I really thought we would see her shine in this one. She acted , in some parts of the book, like a brat. And it sort of made me not like her that much. But then she came through by the end of the book so that made me look past all the negative parts. Although I really wish to see some of her fighting side in the third book.

I loved the romance between Ash and Meghan. I can definitely see them together in the end. And although I love Puck, I really don´t see  Meghan ever having feelings for him like she does for Ash.
What , to me at least, is interesting is that in every book I have read so far I could have picked a side , my OTP of the story, with no problem. But I can´t in this one. I don´t even think of it as a triangle. I see Puck as Meghan´s best friend and Ash as her true love and that is that. I didn´t even have to pick sides. Don´t get me wrong Puck fans. I know Puck loves her and I can see she cares about him but the two of them just don´t feel right.

The story is action packed and full of mystery. Some of the things I read really surprised me. Even some of the characters too. I really didn´t think I would like Ironhorse  as much as I did but I loved him.
Other character that I loved , and I love him more with each book, is Grimalkin. He is so sarcastic and funny , you just have to like him.

Overall this book is amazing. If you love YA, if you love fantasy with a bit of romance and mystery I encourage you to go and buy this book. It is a fantastic read that will definitely leave you wanting for more.

I am already half way through the third book right now and trust me when I say, that this is one of the best series you will ever read.

You can check out this book on Amazon :

Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa on Amazon

Happy reading awesome bookworms <3

Nema komentara:

Pokreće Blogger.