Book series recommendation : The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas

09:11

The Throne of Glass Series  by  Sarah J. Maas

˝Nothing is a coincidence.
Everything has a purpose.
You were meant to come to this castle,
Just as you were meant to be an assassin.˝

This is a fantasy, young adult series about a 18 year old girl named Celaena Sardothien , Adarlan´s most notorious assassin. 
She was living for a year in the salt mines of Endovier until the crown Prince of Adarlan offers her freedom if she becomes his champion in a  tournament to find the new royal assassin. If she can defeat twenty-three most dangerous killers , warriors and thieves in the land she will become the King´s Champion , she will serve the King, who destroyed her family and all the magic from the world, as an assassin for three years and then she will be granted her freedom.
She will soon find out that not only she has to worry how to win the tournament but also how to survive,  when the other competitors start dying in the most gruesome and mysterious ways. 

But in the Glass Castle Celaena will find love and she will find something she almost forgot existed, a real friend. 

Will her past come to haunt her, will she survive he tournament? That is something you will know after you read the book.
 

Since the first time I have read Throne of Glass , Sarah J. Maas has made my list of favorite authors, authors who´s works I had the privilege to read. Her character development is amazing as is her world building.
I have said it so many times before. When an author can make you feel the emotions of the characters, when she/he can make you feel for the characters than you know you have a good book in your hands.
She managed to make a strong main female character. Celaena is not a weak damsel in distress that waits for a prince to come and save her. Celaena is a strong, independent woman, she is badass heroine who will do anything and everything to save the people she cares about.

There is a love triangle in this book, but what I love, and I bow to Sarah J. Maas because of that, is that the triangle is not the main thing in the story. I don´t like it when the romance takes you away from the plot and in this book the romance was done in such a good way that you don´t hate any of the characters but actually care for all three of them. 

I loved the whole magic and mystery and fantasy in this books. The world building was done beautifully . You could almost imagine standing in the streets of the Rifthold and watching the people living their daily lives. Maas made you feel like you were the part of the story. And I loved every sentence of it.

This is , as I said , one of my favorite series of all time. This goes to the re-read shelf for me because I have re-read the first two books and the novelas a few times already and it never gets boring. I am so excited for The Heir of Fire coming out this year. The suspense is killing me and I wan´t to know how the story will continue. And I don´t have any doubt that Sarah J.M. will do an amazing job with the 3rd book as she did with the first two.

So go to a bookstore, buy the book and just read. You will not regret reading this book, I can promise you that much.

Happy reading bookworms <3


Nema komentara:

Pokreće Blogger.