Appreciating authors

14:38
Yesterday I watched a youtube video by jessethereader ( the link will be down there ˇˇ) , and he was talking abut appreciating the authors of the books we oh so love.




I was thinking about that a lot today. Do we really appreciate them or not? I mean, when the authors write the ending of the book that some of the fans don´t like there´s a lot of negativity on the social media directed towards the authors.
Especially now that most of them have twitter and facebook and other accounts on the internet , and there is some what of an easy way of getting our opinions to them. That could be a good thing, but that can also be a bad thing as well.

Now , no one is denying the fact there is a freedom of speech. But there is the freedom of speech and then there is pure hate because something did not go the way you wanted it. 

I myself don´t like when my favorite character dies ,or something that I personally don´t like happens in the book, but I would never even consider writing an author a hate mail. It is his/hers book , it is his/hers work not mine. And we should respect that.

I think what  Maureen, and also Jesse, were talking about in their videos is an awesome idea and if you follow you favorite author on twitter , facebook or any other social media write them a letter, an e-mail or a simple tweet to show them that you appreciate their work. I already did that last month and I was so surprised that the author ( Lydia Kang - Control ) actually tweeted me back and it felt so good. For her to hear that she has done a really good job with her book and for me that she actually noticed. It is an awesome feeling.


Question of the day:

What do you think about this? Should we appreciate the authors more or do we appreciate them enough? What is your favorite author and have you ever tweeted, e-mailed etc. that author about the books he wrote?


Booktuber channels from this post: 

Maureen      

Jesse        

Go and check them out, they have some awesome videos :)



Bye xoxo 

Nema komentara:

Pokreće Blogger.